Urban haps of a grrrl on a mission to be a better writer, a new music master-blaster and a wonderfully brilliant razor-packing, MAC LipGlass wearing feminista...

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Good Time, Good Wine-- Kedar Massenburg & Mondovino

I love wine. And thanks to an ex, now I've become a bit of a connoisseur. For many, many years I was a devout red wine sipper. It didn't matter if I was having salmon, fried chicken or beef Teriyaki I was drinking red. Merlots mainly. And then that wonderfully rude, but oh so smart comedy, Sideways, came out and made us Merlot drinkers look like the Budweiser badunka-dunks of wine and I just couldn't have that so I began experimenting with some Cabs, Pinot Noirs and what quickly became a fave, Aussie Shirazes. Trying to be cool and non-confrontational one past date night I decided to go with the flow and have a glass of Chardonnay. He said that Russian Rivers were the ish-- rich and buttery. And I must say that is one of the few times I've gone white and it felt just right! Now I'm even into some of the more citrusy varieties of Chardonnay and this past summer, I was surprised by how satisfying Domaine Ott (THE summer wine!) and other brands of Rośe were to me-- the former 'Red' head!

So of course I was delighted to attend a mixer this past Monday night hosted by NV Magazine that was being sponsored by K'orus-- the brand of wine developed by former Motown head honcho, Kedar Massenburg. Needless to say I was skeptical when I first heard the news. I mean who goes from being a record maker (and breaker) to a (good) winemaker. As soon as I spotted Kedar I walked up to him and asked him if his name was just tied-in for brand recognition or was he really about the grapes. Stunned he was like "No, this is not a Ciroc kind of affair. I picked the grapes. I'm for real." So I tried the Chardonnay and I have to admit, it is good. It's gotta nice crisp citrus bite.

I told him about my love for wine and about this documentary that I saw one night on pay-per-view that opened me up to the madness, money, discrimination and power that defines the business of wine production in France, Argentina, Italy and of course the US. Mondovino is about the commodification of wine and how, like the commodification of hiphip, wine making has lost much of its authenticity over the years. Watching this film I was captivated by the artistry, if you will, that goes into making a good bottle of vino and how like everything else nowadays it's more about the loot and getting a high rating than about family honor and most importantly "terroir". It's an absolutely fascinating film that I would recommend to anyone who has ever uncorked a bottle (or I guess it's now unscrew).

I'm always interested in trying new wines so please list your favorites below. Right now I'm digging Meerlust (South African/ Merlot), Cutrer (Russian River,CA/ Chardonnay), Pomelo (Lake County, CA/ Sauvignon Blanc), and Isole e Olena (Italy/Chianti).

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Stacie said...

Pied Violet 2003 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon is AMAZING! I'm a red wine lover myself and this one tops my list... :) Cheers!

5/05/2008 1:34 AM

 
Blogger Stephanie Jones said...

I was introduced to boltnethacker@gmail.com because i really wanted to know what my husband has been up to lately as I seem not to be getting his attention.
Bolt was able to hack into my husband’s Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram and above all gave me full access to his mobile phone remotely. I couldn't help but to introduce him to those who have their spouse cheating on them and want to spy on them. boltnethacker@gmail.com will help you out with any hack related issues.

9/29/2016 6:21 PM

 
Blogger Andrew Ramires said...

Technology has empowered everybody..its really as big as you can make it and goes as far as you can take it and treythehacker@gmail.com is the best i've seen out there..People are getting in contact with hackers to help them predict the stock market,clear student loans,expunge criminal records,bank accounts and other debts,fix credit ratings,double your tax return,cheating spouse, social networks and help hack business competitors..contact treythehacker@gmail.com if you need a savvy hacker,one who would be able to carry out and successfully execute hacks on your behalf while keeping it all discrete and under the radar.

11/29/2016 8:04 AM

 
Blogger geoffery said...

Hello Everyone, My name is Geoffery, extreme2hacker@gmail.com
is the best out here. if you need hacking into a cheating spouse phone,
email,facebook,bank statements,social networks etc...then he is the
perfect hacker at all the hacking jobs you have been looking for,
he's so discreet and quite interesting, tell him i referred you please..
once again its extreme2hacker@gmail.com

1/06/2017 6:01 AM

 
Blogger D Dacdac said...

Do you need hackers for hire? Do you need to keep an eye on your spouse by gaining access to their emails? As a parent do you want to know what your kids do on a daily basis on social networks ( This includes facebook, twitter , instagram, whatsapp, WeChat and others to make sure they're not getting into trouble? Whatever it is, Ranging from Bank Jobs, Flipping cash, Criminal records, DMV, Taxes, Name it,he will get the job done.He's a professional hacker with 20 Years+ experience. Contact him at dragonhhacker@gmail.com ... Send an email and Its done. Its that easy, Daura referred you

5/01/2017 10:49 AM

 
Blogger jack dhacker said...

To hack any website, email, mobile phone (call, text message, Whatsapp, bbm), social network (fbk, twitter, Instagram) change your grades, find your target password (friends, wife, husband, boss, girl, boy friends) to know if they are cheating or not...Contact jack, Email ; ( dhackerjack@gmail.com ) .Whats-App ::+60167569133

5/23/2017 5:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home