Urban haps of a grrrl on a mission to be a better writer, a new music master-blaster and a wonderfully brilliant razor-packing, MAC LipGlass wearing feminista...

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Change Is Gonna Come or Simply PMSing

Well I've been thinking about this blog a lot lately and am currently behind the scenes making changes. I'm trying to expand and appeal to a younger, more national and international (read less New York City-centric), blogorific audience. I must say MySpace is helping me meet those ends and soon a few other bells and whistles will hopefully help catapult me into new waters. So often I feel like I'm blogging in the dark and no one is here, but other indicators say that isn’t so. Yesterday's NY Times article on blogging said blogs like mine (essaylike, personal, & fresh) are especially popular and cool. Alrighty then, so maybe I've outgrown my audience or maybe they've outgrown me and leaving comments are now just an afterthought. And when did I start lusting after comments so much? Jeesh! Oh just the thoughts running through my head today. I'm feeling cranky, bloated and irritable so maybe I'm over dramatizing this Hotness Grrrl slump I'm feeling. Maybe. When I get some RSS Feeds and find a cool subscription service I will have a better handle on traffic and interactivity. Until then I will just pop some Advil, get one of those Starbucks double chocolate cupcakes and make do with the blahs. Throughout, know that I'm always strategizing, plotting and trying to figure out how to be bigger and better-- for me; for y’all. Bitches still gotta brew even though it's that time of the month. Say word. No better yet, leave a damn comment!(ha, ha) Thanks B. Mansur, M. Gonzales, T. Franklin, (Very) Rev. Ace Clemmons, I. Bey and others of you who I don’t even know who have posted comments in this here cipher.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Paste-UP Mechanic said...

totally appreciate your transparency, more importantly your blog. i rediscovered thehotness today. keep doing your thing. you have turned me on some great music. i appreciate your lens. be careful claiming a condition. it sucks for sure to have a one-way conversation, in the beginning. blogging is a phenomena, no templates. see yourself as a pioneer. use bloglines, del.icio.us, move to server? more apps to monitor and expand, etc.,

2/19/2008 11:29 PM

 
Blogger theHotness Grrrl said...

Yo paste up,THANK YOU!!!! You saved the day with this here post-- a reminder of who I am and why I do what I do, a nice pat on my back and a swift foot up my arse. Thanks I needed that!!!!

2/20/2008 6:57 PM

 
Blogger joan said...

Girl, by now I'm sure you're over it. But here's my two cents worth of encouragement: Remember back in the day when all we had was print, you got the word of mouth from your 5 friends and if you were really, really lucky your shit got a mention in the Letters section. It's a great blog Nichole. Get the damn RSS feed and keep doing what you do. And do with joy. Besos...

3/06/2008 10:15 AM

 
Blogger theHotness Grrrl said...

Joan: Thanks!!!!!! I'm on it. I guess I just needed a reminder of why i love doing this so!

3/06/2008 4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home