Urban haps of a grrrl on a mission to be a better writer, a new music master-blaster and a wonderfully brilliant razor-packing, MAC LipGlass wearing feminista...

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Will Y'all Get Off Of Tyra's Muffin Already?

"I don't want to sit in front of you and be soap-boxy and fake and say, 'I love myself, I'm beautiful, it's great,'" says Banks, who is 5 feet 10 inches tall (and reportedly weighs 161 pounds). "I still feel hot, but every day is different. It's when I put on the jeans that used to fit a year ago and don't fit now and give me the muffin top, that's when I say, 'Damn!'"
I mean don't folks have better things to analyze and dissect other than Tyra's weight gain. Yeah she doesn't have that stupid-crazy body she had when she was on the cover of Sport's Illustrated-- during her Super-Modeling Days, but grrrlfriend still looks good-- if anything she's got more of a typical Black grrrl's booty... err body! And I know for a fact that all those editors at People and at US would be happy to get a nibble at that same muffin that they have "reported" as being fat and overweight. Gimme a break and get a life and go back to wondering why Britney refuses to wear undies or why Lindsay's alcohol rehab program at Wonderland involves her partying at clubs (isn't she underage). Or better yet go and Supersize your fricking McDonalds snack wrap with fries and maybe then you will realize that Tyra is not modeling anymore. And although I like Naomi's modeling and personal style better, at least Tyra ain't throwing Blackberrys at the help. As a matter of fact she's doing a pretty good job at being a talk show host and we all know that there are more than a few talk show hosts who weigh more than 161 pounds!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Amina's Mama said...

Preach! I totally agree.

2/06/2007 9:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course the other talk show hosts that are over 161 get flack about their weight too even though they aren't former supermodels who host a wannabeamodel show in addition to hosting a talk show.

2/07/2007 10:09 AM

 
Blogger theHotness Grrrl said...

Maybe they do get talked about but I surely haven't SEEN Rachel Ray or Martha Stewart (who is also a former model) on the cover of People Mag in their swimsuits with the words "fat" and "porkchop" emblazoned under their photos.

2/07/2007 1:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The point people fail to raise in this whole model discussion is that most of them start when they're teenagers. Tyra was a teenager when she first hit the runway. How many women in their 30s look like they did when they were teens? I also think the whole anorexic model thing is overly hyped. Granted, some may be starving themselves, but many of them are teens also. Skinny, long-legged teens. I was one of them. I ate like a horse and never gained weight. what should be questioned is the fashion/beauty industry practice of using girls to sell goods to grown-ass women, and making women feel insecure about not looking like some 15-year-old.

2/08/2007 2:14 PM

 
Blogger theHotness Grrrl said...

You're totally right, Chasechance! When I open Essence, Elle or Vogue I have to remember that those chicks are 15 and don't know a damn thing about having curves, having babies or having reached maturity. I know I'm feeling extra sensitive here lately every time someone says look you have a pouch. Um yeah, I'm thirty something and can no longer fit into a size 6, but dang leave my little tummy out of it. I'm 5'10" and I weigh 155 pounds cause I'm a grown ass healthy woman now, thank you very much!

2/13/2007 12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home