Friday, December 28, 2007
- Name: theHotness Grrrl
- Location: New York, New York, United States
I'm a music loving (acid jazz, hiphop, soul, lounge, bossa nova, bachata, jazz, reggae), magazine hoarding (The Fader, Trace, Elle Décor, New Yorker, Time Out NY, Dwell, Elle, Real Simple), #2 train ridin’ (sorry J. Lo, but being on the 6 doesn’t even compare), handbag obsessed, blog-banging grrrl from the Boogie Down! I'm also a writer striving to be more prolific and feel that blogging is my key to publishing paradise. My work has appeared in The Village Voice, Essence, Russell Simmons's One World and Bust. My claim to fame: I'm the founder of a cool website for urban grrrls called theHotness. I'm currently editing an anthology and preparing to shoot a pilot episode for a hip reality show, both about, yeah you guessed it-- urban grrrls.
- Cipher Space: FaceBook, LinkedIn, MySpace
- Perfect Holiday, I Am Legend & Erykah Badu
- Finding Inspiration: Aileys' "Revelations," Ayo's...
- Shop N' Mingle & Najwa Moses Rock Harlem
- African American Women: Where They Stand
- When Is A Noose, Not A Noose?
- Out of Fashion: The Absence of Color
- Glamour Mess, Black Girls "Out of Fashion" & Trace...
- VH1's Hip Hop Honors
- Dis-sing: Disgust, Disillusionment and Discovery