Urban haps of a grrrl on a mission to be a better writer, a new music master-blaster and a wonderfully brilliant razor-packing, MAC LipGlass wearing feminista...

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Holidaze: Just Chillaxin

Oh yeah, there's nothing like a lil vacation time! I've certainly been enjoying my week off from blogging. I'll be back next week, but meanwhile I wanted to wish you a Happy Long Weekend. I'll be making this here Limeade (courtesy of NYAM) and eating barbecued chicken. Going to the movies to check out Hancock and Wanted (did y'all know that Wanted is based on a popular comic that features a Black woman-- I hear Jada was supposed to get the role but somehow Angie scores another Black leading lady role. Is it the lips? Dang Black actresses can't catch a break!) I'll also be downloading these soulful mixes from Qool DJ Marv while I chill out, read my horoscope, and do absolutely nothing for a change.

Anyway have a good one. Peace!

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Amina's Mama said...

Whhhaaat? No, I didn't know that about Wanted!! I do like Ms. Jolie. She's supposed to be so worldly and conscious -- could not she decline a role if if means taking it away from a black woman?? Dang, as if she won't get work...

7/07/2008 9:49 PM

 
Blogger Hot Grrrl said...

Yeah I didn't know either. Subscriber Linda Villarosa put me on. It's so crazy!

7/08/2008 1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/12/2008 12:03 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny though...Soul, Jazz, Hip Hop, Bachata, Lounge, Bossa Nova, Reggae...and on and on...ALL music styles invented and developed by MEN !

And this "grrrl" web nonsense...when it was MEN who invented computers, and developed the internet !

The correct word is girl, live up to that, and one day you might just become a woman !

SKOT

1/13/2009 8:10 PM

 
Blogger Smadraji said...

Nice Posting
Gay

4/16/2009 7:40 AM

 
Blogger News Blog said...

Gay Daily News Blog

8/18/2009 7:29 AM

 
Blogger News Blog said...

New York Holidays

8/18/2009 7:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home