Urban haps of a grrrl on a mission to be a better writer, a new music master-blaster and a wonderfully brilliant razor-packing, MAC LipGlass wearing feminista...

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Boom Box or... My Hot Summer Music Picks



Summer is nipping on spring’s booty and for me that means great shows and new music—SummerStage, Jones Beach concerts, the Essence Music Festival, JVC Jazz Festival at Lincoln Center, AOL Music at the Time Warner AOL Center, Brooklyn's Prospect Park shows and hopefully some new releases dropping hot like a July night without AC.

Definitely on the new music front I cannot wait for Esthero to drop her Wikked Lil Grrrls and for the Spirit Music Jamia with
 Me'Shell Ndegeocello
. Word has it she’s already begun work on a reggae dub album that is being recorded in Jamaica.

My girl Sant tells me her Stiffed lp should drop @mid-summer. Can’t wait! And talking about summer nights, where in the hell is Maxwell? I love his music and now is the time for a lil’ sumthin, sumthin.

Oh schnaps, let me not forget! Listen out for releases from J*Davey and Common (Be)-- so far everything I’ve heard is off the meat rack! With that said I’m ready to work it to the bone…work, to the bone, bone, bone!!!! Somebody turn up the volume and pass the Kool Aid!

Today’s iTunes Shuffle: Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)-Maxwell, He Loves Me (Lyzel In E Flat)-Jill Scott, Ready For Us-FUG, Sumthin' Sumthin' (the mellosmoothie cut)- Maxwell.

3 Comments:

Blogger WALASIA "MJ" SHABAZZ said...

Peace Nicole. Wow, I feel so honored to have inspired you. And I love the blog. Stiffed is MY SHIT! Santi is beautiful and amazing, and I saw them rock S.O.B.s...they killed it!

Hey, let's talk soon and see how we can work together. Any way you can get here in June for B-Girl Be?

One Love

MJ

5/13/2005 3:27 AM

 
Blogger Teej said...

Hey...digging the blog! Q-Tip has a new joint coming soon. I just interviewed him for my tv show today. He even said that he's starring in a movie that is in the works where he plays Miles Davis!

5/15/2005 7:08 AM

 
Anonymous Westland Sandblasting said...

Appreciate this bblog post

12/20/2022 2:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home